Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New

This is Evan tearing out part of the door frame in the house. My anxiety went up that week. I came home to plastic everywhere and lots of drywall dust. Not to mention stories of almost cutting live wires while re-routing the electrical.

My favorite moment in retrospect, but least favorite moment at the time was holding up drywall for Evan while insulation fell on me. The house I had just bought with the majority of my savings was falling on me. I was so excited to go to work that day and escape the drywall dust.


The wall is gone now. And the house is much more open. It was worth the growing pains.

While he was busy tearing things out, I spent my time planting new things in the yard. Note the missing fence behind me. He dug out the old posts and put in new ones, as well as a gate! And if you look to the right of the bags of concrete you can see Reggie sitting in the yard, untethered like a good boy. Maybe it was because he got shocked earlier for not playing nice with his dog-friend Kona...





With all this rain we have had recently, I have barely had to water my tomato plants. Keep thinking of the positives. The soil at the house is also great. Lots of worms. Some are a little too big for my taste, but I know they are working hard.

No comments: