Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter is here!

Wahhoooo! I have been up on the mountain the past two days and it has felt so good! Not to mention all the sledding, sorrel soccer, and snow sculptures at school. I do not know the last time I have allowed myself to enjoy winter this much and really go out and play in the snow. Yesterday, was the ski-trip with the kids from school. It was a great day. There was plenty of new snow and the temperature seemed just about right. I really liked spending the time to help some of the kids get the hang of things. I also realized my skinny skis are a little out of date and do not allow me to "float" on the fresh powder. In some ways, I could not have cared less, I just had so much fun hanging out with the kids.


Today I went up for a little cross country skiing and I am feeling it in my muscles already. I brought the right poles and found it to be significantly easier. I owned the downhills, well until the tracks suddenly stopped and I went skidding across the trail. There were bluebird skies and it was incredibly gorgeous. The thought that kept going through my mind was, "I live here..." and having a hard time really comprehending that. I feel unbelievably lucky and more alive than I have in years. Who knew all this could come to pass from a little debilitating back pain and dropping out of my doctorate program??

No comments: