Friday, August 31, 2007

Gold Hill Trail

Today has been a lazy day. I spent all morning waiting the for cable guy to hook-up my internet and as a result got glued to the tv and Cesar Milan's show "The Dog Whisperer." There was a dog who was obsessed with rocks! After the cable guy left I swore I was going to go enjoy the day, but then I got glued to my laptop and being reconnected to the internet. Now it's raining...

I'm also a little worn out from the hike I did yesterday on the Gold Hill trail. It was significantly longer than the other hike with a gain in elevation of about 1200 feet. The view was amazing. It was awesome to see the Long Bridge, Lake Pend Oreille and Sandpoint from above.
We got a early start to avoid the heat of the day, which also means we had the trail to ourselves most of the way. That was nice, as Buck could be off his leash, except that I started to imagine scenarios where I was attacked by a Grizzly Bear or Black Bear and Buck had to run for help just like Lassie. At the end of the trail we cooled off with a dip in Bottle Bay.

A few nights ago I met some locals at Eichardts downtown. I received great recommendations about trails, places in town, nearby places to visit and possibly even a friend to help me repair my chronically difficult bike.

Here is a link to some more pictures of the trip out here and the area. There is a cool map feature I used that will show you where the pictures were taken! http://picasaweb.google.com/eknugent/WelcomeToIdaho

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the map feature. Are there many bears there???

Anonymous said...

Will you be able to post pictures of the school?

creinholm said...

I am insanely jealous!! Your pictures were absolutely beautiful. Your certainly made a great decision. Can't wait to hear about the new job. Connie