Friday, August 15, 2008

Maggie & Jon Visit!


Maggie and Jon came to visit for five days. As I took them to all my favorite spots, and explored new places with them and Evan I was reminded of the beauty I am surrounded by. Just seeing the expressions on their faces reminded of how I felt a year ago as I drank this all in for the first time. I would be anxious at times worrying that they were getting bored because we had been driving for awhile, and then I would hear one of them talk about how just driving was beautiful. I used to be the same way. How quickly one forgets...
It was great to have friends in town and completely let go. It has been a long time since I have pulled some props down from the shelf and gotten ridiculous. We ate a lot of great food, despite Jon's reluctance to trust my quesadilla making technique. We even made it out to Eichardt's one night for a little shuffleboard.


Next post: pictures of my new puppy, Mr. Reginald Bing! He goes by Reggie, don't worry!

No comments: