Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Moose



Meet my moose. It is just a baby, but it is mine. I was busy in the kitchen making a mushroom, artichoke, bacon frittata from Bon Appetit for Erik, Kendra and I when I got the call. Kendra was on the phone with a neighbor who mentioned the moose across the street. I left Kendra in charge of the frittata, grabbed my boots and camera and was out the door. “Watch out for the momma!” Erik called after me. I rushed down the stairs imaging a large moose charging my car. I drove down
Main Street to Third Street and low and behold, there was my moose sitting in someone’s backyard munching away on some poor yard that had barely made it through the winter itself. It is important to note that yes, the moose was spotted on Main Street and Third Street. My point being that is was spotted in the center of town, and not on the outskirts of town. Quite the change from metro Detroit

P.S. The frittata still turned out great.

No comments: