Saturday, January 5, 2008

2008

2008 is off to a great start. I celebrated in the new year with good friends and great conversation about love, life, family, and relationships. New Year's Day I went cross country skiing up Lighting Creek with Natty, Kendra and the dogs. Despite my persistent cough, it was awesome to breathe in fresh mountain air. I still cannot believe I live in such beauty, it still overwhelms me - in a good way. When I was in San Diego I found myself overwhelmed by cars, people, and buildings. I cannot believe how quickly I learned to love the wide open spaces of northern Idaho. I will not lie though, I did see it coming. I am only surprised by the speed in which I have assimilated.

Apparently, I am not the only one who is impressed by the speed in which I can assimilate to a new culture. I received a promotion at work! Before, I was assisting someone in supervising a group of kids, and starting Tuesday I will have the first of my own group of kids to guide through the program. Needless to say, I have a feeling I will be busy for the next few weeks. There is a lot to learn and do as these new kids arrive. So, I apologize now for a lack in posting, but know it is because I am probably choosing to ski off some energy in the mountainous woods rather than sit in front of my computer.

One more thing, I have also started looking at new dogs.
That was hard to type. I feel like I am giving up on Buck by looking at welcoming a new dog into my life, but I know it is time. A coworker was looking at pictures of Buck and I together and made a comment that hit home for me. He said he does not see me smile like I smile in the pictures with Buck. Buck brought light to my life, and I can only hope I brought the same to his life. It is time to smile again with the intensity that I know I can.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Dear Erin,

I think it is a very good idea to look for another dog! It is not like giving up on Buck, since if he comes back, he'll have a buddy to play with.
Dogs bring so much joy and live in our hearts! I just wish I could have one. Unfortunately we don't have the right conditions for a dog (appartment downtown).

Did you ever get the Advent calendar I sent you in November?

Take care and good luck with the new job challenge, Claudia

The Bakers said...

Happy 2008! Congrats on your promotion! Good things seem to happen when you are in the right place!
We just got back from a trip to Fla. with ALL THE KIDS...lots of fun, but lots of work too. I just posted about it on our blog, check it out if you have time! www.fabulousbakerblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Don't ever let go Rose

-Jack