Thursday, April 29, 2010

I bought a house!



Well, for those of you who were thinking I was coming back to Michigan soon, sorry to burst your bubble, but I will be here for awhile. Well, at least that is the plan.

I am hoping to add some posts to this blog more often as we make some drastic changes to the house. I officially closed on Monday, although I paid for the house and signed papers on Friday. The closing process has been very long. I think close to a month. First the appraiser made several errors on his appraisal and they had to be adjusted before we could sign. Second, the seller (the bank) would not sign the paperwork because in February the county sent a letter to them letting them know that the address of the house would change sometime in the next year to adjust for 911 standards and the bank just changed the address without waiting for the notification. As a result, they would not sign paperwork on a house at 1419 Spruce because they thought they owned 1611 Spruce. In the midst of all this I have my not so normal work schedule, working in middle of nowhere Montana so that I could not just come in to sign during my lunch hour, and I traveled to Chicago, and the plane ride led to a perforated eardrum. It has been a long couple of weeks.

The good part is. The house is mine. And Reggie LOVES his yard. Every time we go over there he bolts for the gate that leads into the backyard. And I think Evan loves his list of projects. The first one being knocking out a wall and framing it for french doors to open up the living room. He did this yesterday while I was at work. I decided not to watch. He has taken many "before" pictures I hope to post soon.

1 comment:

The Bakers said...

How great for you! Congratulations! Pics of the house please!